What is Molecular Sieve Desiccant
Molecular sieve is a synthetic desiccant product with strong adsorption to water molecules. The pore size of molecular sieve can be controlled by different processing techniques. Commonly used models are 3A, 4A, 5A, 13X, etc., corresponding to pore sizes of 3Å, 4Å, 5Å, and 9Å, respectively. Molecules that are small enough can be adsorbed through the pores, while larger molecules cannot. The molecular sieve is named accordingly. In addition to adsorbing water vapor, it can also adsorb other gases. Typical examples are purified ammonia (adsorption of carbon dioxide in synthetic ammonia).
3A molecular sieve
The effective pore size of 3A molecular sieve is 3Å, which is a synthetic zeolite composed of silicon oxide and aluminum oxide tetrahedra.
- Petroleum cracked gas, unsaturated hydrocarbon materials (such as: ethylene, propylene, butadiene, acetylene, etc.) drying, natural gas dehydration and prevent the formation of COS (carbonyl sulfide).
- Purification and drying of methanol and ethanol.
- Carbon dioxide CO2 gas drying.
4A molecular sieve
The effective pore size of 4A molecular sieve is 4Å, which is a sodium aluminosilicate.
- For deep dehydration of gas and liquid
- Pharmaceutical packaging, perishable chemicals and static drying of electronic components.
- Purifing argon
- Keep the paint, dye, and paint industries dehydrated.
5A molecular sieve
5A molecular sieve has an effective pore size of 5Å and is a calcium-sodium aluminosilicate.
- Remove impurities from H2O, CO2, acetylene and other air purification systems
- Separation of normal and isoparaffins
- Purify and dry air, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and other mixed gases.
- Separation and purification of inert gas.
- Dry oil and natural gas, ammonia decomposition gas and other industrial gases.
13X molecular sieve
13X molecular sieve has an effective pore size of 9Å and is a sodium X-type molecular sieve.
- Drying and purification of ammonia synthesis gas.
- Desulfurization and deodorization of aerosol propellant.
- The cracked gas removes CO2.